SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||9.5||Style:||Basketball Shoes|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- 2007 NIKE AIR JORDAN III 3 PURE MONEY Sz 8.5
- VTG 2003 Nike Air Force One 1 Puerto Rico 4 PR Red Sneakers - Size 11- OG Box
- Nike Flight Squad PRM QS Olive Black White orange
- Nike Air React Element 55 Black Aurora Green bluee BQ6166-004 Men's 8-13
- Air Jordan 1 CDP Bred - 10.5
- Mens Nike Zoom Fly SP Size 13 (AJ9282 300) No Box
- Adidas Terrex Agravic Gtx W Carbon Grey Three Ash Green Womens Hiking shoes 11M
- New Balance MVNGOBK3 2E Wide Black White Men Running shoes Sneakers MVNGOBK32E
- [364466-03] New Women's PUMA Rihanna Fenty Creeper Velvet Sneaker - Grey
- NIKE ZOOM SOLDIER IV BLACK BLACK-ANTHRACITE 407707-002 SNEAKER MEN SHOES J
- (GS) 5Y JORDAN 6 RINGS (CRT PURPLE CLB PNK-BLK-FLSH LM purple RS CLB-black-CTR FL
- New Adidas DB2596 Yung 96 Running shoes bluee red Yeezy Mens DB2596
- ADIDAS CLOUDFOAM QT RACER FOR WOMEN RUNNING SHOES NIB
- New Balance Men's Fresh Foam Lazr Heathered
- Vans Classic Slip On Tablero de Damas
- Nike Zoom Hyperfuse 2011 Rajon Rondo PE Player Exclusive Sample Promo sz 13
- NIKE ZOOM REV GIRLS EYBL PE PROMO SAMPLE BASKETBALL SHOES [AA3419 100] MEN'S SZ
- Playoff AirJordan 8 VIII Retro '' 2013 Black Red White 305368-061 Men’s 8
- NDS Nike Air Jordan retro 10 30th Anniversary Gym Red 705178-601 Size 11
- DS Men's NIKE ZOOM KD III ‘Carbon Fiber’ Sz 11 [417279 107]
- Nike air presto off white size 10
- 2015 Nike Air Force 1 Mid White 315123-111 sz 11.5
- Wmns Nike Air Max 95 DYN FW, 553664 600, Polarized Pink, Size 10.5
- New Adidas Nemeziz 17.4 FXG Pyro Storm Soccer Cleats Mens Size 9.5
- The 10 Nike Air Max 90 x Off-White Black - US Men Size 6
- Mens Nike PG 2.5 BQ8452-004 Black Pure Platinum Brand New Size 10.5
- Nike Air Force 1 Low Retro HONG KONG Green White Brown Men's Size 8 845053-300
- Adidas Jeremy Scott Wings 3.0 BLACK Dark Knight Batman shoes Women's sizes NWB
- New Balance M576LFA Liverpool Size 12 White Green Black Made In England 111 344
- Asics Gel Nimbus 20 Mens carbon black silver Running shoes Sneakers Size 10
- Nike Kobe XI 11 TB Promo 856485 882 Texas Longhorns Mens size 8.5 Basketball NEW
- Nike Air Presto Mid Acronym Racer Pink Photo bluee Black AH7832-600 Size 10
- Nike Zoom Kobe 4 IV Prelude Size 12
- Nike Mens Mamba Rage Black Size 8
- NIB NIKE ZOOM FIT AGILITY RUNNING TRAINING SHOES RARE COLOR SIZE 9.5 FASTSHIP
- 2004 Adidas Men's Black Basketball Athletic shoes's Size 12.5 US CLU600001
- Adidas UltraBoost X Womens Running shoes Black White Sparkle SZ 10 ( CG2978 )
- Men 9Us Nike Kobe 10 Id
- NIKE AIR UP 14 PIPPEN OG NIKE AIR MAX UPTEMPO ALL STAR size 10.5
- Mens nike shoes 10.5 preowned speed turf white black bluee good condition
- Nike Mens Air More Money Athletic & Sneakers blueewhite
- Nike Air Jordan Retro XI 11 Low IE Obsidian Midnight Navy White bluee 919712-400
- Nike Marxman PRM Black White 832764 001 Mens Strap Sneaker shoes
- New Balance 999 (Made In USA) m999jtb
- Asics Gel-Lyte V 5 Trainers - Adults and Junior Sizes Available - 5 Colours