SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Unknown||Style:||Athletic Sneakers|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Men 9Us Nike Sb Gato Supreme 27 cm
- Nike Mens Rosherun Running shoes
- Nike Air Foamposit Basketball shoes Men 7.5M 616750-500 Astroid
- Nike Air Max 90 Mesh (GS) Sneaker Current Collection 2016 different colors
- 2010 NIKE AIR JORDAN VI 6 RETRO WHITE VARSITY RED INFRARED BLACK 384664-102 10
- Brand New Nike Zoom Victory XC 3 Men's Track Field Spike shoes Size 7.5 Track
- Adidas Men's VS Pace NEO shoes Trainers White Black AW4594 Sz 9.5
- New Balance 993 MR993NV Men's Sizes US 7 2E 16 2E Brand New in Box
- ASICS GEL‑Quantum 360 Running Mens Sneakers SKU T5J1N.6140 Size 10.5
- Nike Blazer Low Suede Obsidian Obsidian-Sail AJ9516-400 Men's SZ 12
- Nike Zoom Strike Racing AJ0188-003 Blk Bowerman Marathon Running shoes Women's 9
- Adidas Men's Vs Pace Sneaker
- NEW ADIDAS ORIGINALS CONTINENTAL 80 CASUAL WOMENS SHOES SUEDE Candy Pink 5 - 11
- Puma XS-850 X BWGH Madder Brown 357032-04 US 8.5-11 Sneakers Leather On Sale
- New VANS X David Bowie 'Aladdin Sane' Old Skool(Ready to ship) Men's Size 13
- Nike Air Jordan 6 AJ 29cm shoes Men 11
- Nike Dualtone Racer PRM Mens Running Trainers 924448 Sneakers shoes 003
- Vintage 2004 Nike Brazil CBF World Cup Soccer Style Sneakers (Men's Size 10)
- Nike Air Max Deluxe Men Lifestyle shoes Midnight Navy Laser orange AJ7831-400
- NIKE Dunk Low 2004 LA LAKERS DS sz 11 BNIB del sol hi high sb co jp
- Nike Lebron 8 VIII South Beach Pre Heat. US 8.5, DS Brand New unworn
- NIKE SB ZOOM DUNK LOW PRO sz 10.5 BOCA JR ROYAL blueE YELLOW WHITE 854866 471
- NIKE FREE RN 2018 WOMEN's RUNNING KNIT WOLF GREY - WHITE - VOLT AUTHENTIC NEW SZ
- Adidas Performance Men's Crazy Power Cross-Trainer shoes
- Nike LeBron 11 What The Lebron WTL Size 9.5 100% Authentic
- Nike Zoom Stefan Janoski Mid - 443095 084
- NIKE AIR FORCE 1 ULTRAFORCE N7 WHITE-BLACK-DARK TURQUOISE SZ 8 [873309-103]
- ADIDAS ZX FLUX ADV VIRTUE PK W PRIMEKNIT blueE BB4265 WOMENS SIZE 7.5
- New Balance 1540v2 Men's black 10.5 EE 2E Awesome barely worn 1540
- PUMA Tazon 6 Black Silver Purple Women's Lace Up Sneakers 18987702
- Nike Air Max 98 WHITE RACER blueE PHOTO BLACK VOLT 640744-103 sz 11.5
- NIKE KOBE XI LOW MAMBA DAY ID BLACK gold SIZE 9.5 865773-991
- Us 8.5 Atmos Nike Limited Collaboration Lebron 16 Safari Snkrs
- Nike Lunar Force 1 Fkyknit Workboot Men's Boots, 855984 600 Size 9.5 NEW
- NIKE WMNS Tennis Classic Si, Women’s Low-Top Sneakers
- Men’s Adidas D Lillard 3 size 12.5 scarlet BB8337 scarlet red Damian Dame roots
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Women's Pureboost X TR 3.0 Sneakers
- 136064 102 Nike Air Jordan 3 retro Men's SZ 13 White Cement Grey Fire Red sb P
- Original Authentic NIKE Men's Nike Air Max 90 Leather men's size US 10
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 PRM - CHOOSE SIZE - 905345-005 Grey Red White Split Premium
- 1901 Nike Renew Arena Men's Training Running shoes AJ5903-001
- 2017 Nike Air Foamposite One Legion Green Size 10. 314996-301 Jordan Penny
- NEW Men’s NIKE ROSHE ONE Desert Ochre bluee Force Running shoes Size 11.5
- NEW BALANCE MRL247WR - 247 Life Style Size - color
- PUMA Basket Platform Reset Puma Black-Puma Black-Puma Black WS (363313 04)