SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
|Width:||Medium (D, M)||Style:||Casual Shoes|
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||9|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Air Lebron 8 South Beach Sz 12 BRAND NEW NEVER WORN
- Sean Cliver x Nike SB Dunk Low Disposable
- Nike Air Max 1 AM1 Premium Wheat Light Bone Suede Tims 875844 701 Men Size 10.5
- NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI 6 ALL STAR GAME 3D HOLLYWOOD 448693-001 SIZE 9.5 US
- Adidas NMD RACER PRIMEKNIT SHOES B37640 size 9
- NEW Adidas Red Cloud Foam Athletic Sneakers shoes Size 11M US 45M EUR
- Mens Genuine Puma Lace Up Mesh Logo NRGY Neko Sport Trainers Footwear Size 7-12
- Asics Onitsuka Tiger Serrano Slip On Men Women Vintage Running shoes Pick 1
- NIKE AIR JORDAN IV 4 WHITE BLACK CEMENT GREY 2016 OG RETRO ORIGINAL Size 9.5
- NIKE SHOX GRAVITY MEN SHOES US SIZE 10.5 NIKE SHOX AR1999-101 IR NIKE SHOX NEW
- Nike Zoom Kiger 3 Men’s Sz 11.5
- NIKE WOMENS LADIES RUNNERS IZANAMI 395762-104 SPORT TRAINERS SHOES US 8
- ADIDAS CLIMA OSCILLATIONS M MENS RUNNING G47661
- Adidas Athletic shoes Leather Sleek Series Size US7 US 7 UK5.5
- Nike Kobe 1 Predro UNDFTD - AQ3635 300 - 2018
- Mens NIKE BLAZER LOW PRM VNTG SUEDE Trainers 538402 602
- New Balance Men's MSD200V1 Track shoes
- PUMA Women's Basket Scallop Sneaker - Choose SZ color
- shoes HOMME NIKE AIR FOOTSCAPE NM 852629.004 SNEAKERS MAN TRIBES SNKRS black
- Nike Air Jordan 9 Flight Nostalgia Confirmed
- Nike Men's Air Max 720 Sun Rise - Team orange Black University gold(AO2924-800)
- Men Nike Zoom Stefan Janoski Premium size 8 hacky sack Pre-Owned
- Mens Nike Free Run shoes Black, orange, White Size 11 NWT Great Design
- NEW 2012 NIKE AIR FORCE 1 LOW MAX VAC TECH VT CAMO BLACK NEW 530989 090 SZ 10
- Nike Air Max 2014 Marathon 360 Running shoes Dark Volt 621078-200 Women's Sz 7.5
- Adidas Basketball Adizero Crazy Light 2 shoes Sneakers Size 39-51 Red-White
- Adidas Women's Originals Stan Smith Valentines shoes Sneakers - White(G27893)
- New Balance Men 574 Fresh Foam MFL574BG black green MFL574BG
- Womens Puma Black Basket Heart Patent Pu Sneakers Court Lace Up
- NEW DS Nike Free RN Flyknit 2017 Men 880843-404 Ocean Fog blueee Running Sz 13
- Nike Jordans Maroon 5 New Never Worn
- RARE SAMPLE Nike ACG Lunarpath Men BLACK Athletic Hiking Chukka Boot Size 9
- Nike Air Foamposite One Pearlized Pink Rust 314996 602 Men's Size 11 New DS
- NIKE LEBRON XI AKRON VS MIAMI SIZE 13
- NIKE MEN DUAL RACER RUNNING SHOES [918228 004]
- Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Game of Thrones House Stark Size 11 NEW