SpaceX and NASA have confirmed that an “anomaly” occurred yesterday during a static fire test of the SuperDraco engines on SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. The Crew Dragon spacecraft has eight SuperDraco engines that are used for its abort system in case of an emergency during launch or ascent to orbit. SpaceX is readying for an in-flight abort test as part of its preparations for commercial crew flights to the International Space Station (ISS).
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the week of April 21-27, 2019 and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess this week, except for pro forma sessions. They return for legislative business next week.
Margaret Kivelson is the new chair of the Space Studies Board (SSB) of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. She succeeds Fiona Harrison who stepped down in order to co-chair the ongoing Decadal Survey on Astronomy and Astrophysics. Harrison was the first woman to chair SSB in its 61-year history. Now Kivelson is the second.
NASA released crew assignments for the International Space Station (ISS) through spring 2020 today. Notable by their absence are flights by the two U.S. commercial crew companies, SpaceX and Boeing. NASA had hoped that U.S. launches of ISS crews would begin this year. Instead, U.S. crew members will be staying for longer periods of time, including what will be a record-breaking mission by Christina Koch. She will remain for almost 11 months, returning in February 2020 instead of this fall.
The Science and Technology Policy Institute’s (STPI’s) independent analysis of the possibility of sending humans to Mars in 2033 concludes that it is “infeasible under all budget scenarios and technology development and testing schedules.” It might be possible for such a mission to depart Earth in 2037, but 2039 is more realistic, the report says. “Mars 2033” became a rallying cry for some human spaceflight enthusiasts during the Obama Administration and although NASA’s plans have changed quite a bit since then, a sizable Mars-or-bust community remains.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging (such as ... Read moreabout the condition
Does not apply
|US Shoe Size (Men's):||4||Brand:|
Navy White Black B42443
|Product Line:||adidas Originals||Product ID:||B42443|
Here are SpacePolicyOnline.com’s tidbits for April 15, 2019: Beresheet 2 already in the works; Falcon Heavy core stage tips over; Apollo 11’s Mike Collins wants “JFK Direct” to Mars; Skylab and shuttle astronaut Owen Garriott passes away. Be sure to check our website for feature stories and follow us on Twitter (@SpcPlcyOnline) for more news and live tweeting of events.
Here is SpacePolicyOnline.com’s list of space policy events for the next TWO weeks, April 14-27, 2019, and any insight we can offer about them. The House and Senate are in recess until April 29, except for pro forma sessions.
Almost two dozen members of the Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) quizzed four top military and civilian Pentagon leaders for more than two hours today about why a Space Force is needed and how much it will cost. In the end, there was no consensus from either Republicans or Democrats. Most seem to remain unconvinced that it will add value instead of just more bureaucracy, but are open to further discussions.
The Israeli Beresheet lunar lander failed to make a soft landing on the Moon today, but the effort, led by Israeli non-profit SpaceIL, is being widely hailed nonetheless. Although it did not win the $20 million Google Lunar X-Prize, the X-Prize Foundation decided to award the SpaceIL team $1 million anyway in recognition of reaching lunar orbit. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine and Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin were among those praising SpaceIL and encouraging them to keep trying.
NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine said today that NASA is dividing its human lunar exploration program into two phases. Phase 1, to be completed by 2024 as directed by the White House, will focus on getting astronauts to the lunar surface fast. Phase 2, by 2028, will focus on making the program sustainable. The plan itself remains the same as before, but the Administration will request funding to accelerate it by 4 years.
- Nike Air Jordan Spiz'ike BUNDLE PACK Limited DS Kobe KD Sz 10.5
- Nike Men's Duel Racer Se Ankle-High Running shoes
- Nike Zoom Mercurial XI FK FC size 13. Black Red. 852616-600. knit bred
- NEW MEN'S NIKE KOBE AD NXT 360 LAKERS BASKETBALL SHOES AQ1087-700 SIZE 10.5
- Mens Large Size Adidas Made You Look orange Basketball shoes 19 M..396B
- Adidas Skyline Mid Star Wars Coruscant Sneakers Size 11
- New Balance Men's Burn Mid Speed Lacrosse shoes, - Choose SZ color
- ASICS CORRIDO WHITE BLACK RED MENS SHOES US 11 FREE POST AUST 20% REDUCED
- DS NIKE LEBRON WATCH XVI 16 SB SUPERMAN SUPERBRON QS RELEASE 9.5 ROYAL blueE RED
- Scottie Pippen IV Mens Basketball shoes Size 11.5
- Nike Huarache Trainer Low Mine Grey Mid-fog Green Size 10.5
- Womens NIKE FREE TR 6 OC Black Trainers 843988 990
- Mens Adidas PureBOOST DPR Pride Pack Size 12 B44878
- Adidas Originals Women's NMD_cs2 Pk W Running shoes
- 2001 Nike Air Jordan 17 XVII Low UNRELEASED SAMPLE SZ 9 Promo Red OG PE Chrome
- Nike Air Flight 89 Men’s Trainers triple Black Anthracite 306252-021 UK Size 9
- New Balance Sneaker whitee Farbe Modell MS574PCW für Männer New Balance MS 574PCW
- Womens PUMA HEART GLITTER White Trainers 364078 01
- Nike Free RN CMTR 8.5-13 Varsity Mens Running shoes AH6727 200 Bronze Black Cream
- NWOB NIKE 316383 402 AIR BAKIN CURRY goldEN STATE WARRIORS Men's Size 14 New ANB
- Original Nike Roshe Run FB yeezy mint calypso mango siren size 8.5
- Nike Dunk Size 11.5 bluee and Black Great Condition
- Nike Air Jordan Flight 1 372704-101 Mens Size Us 7y Euro 40 Basketball shoes
- RARE Nike Air Force 1 Iridescent Hi Nike ID Iridescent 10 AF1 Multicolor
- NIKE Womens Nike Explorer 2 AA1846-100 WHITE WHITE-SUNSET PULSE Womens Size 8
- ADIDAS ORIGINALS CLIMA COOL 1. SIZE 11
- Women 6Us Adidas Originals By Jeremy Scott
- New Balance 997 Made in USA Black Grey White Silver Sz 7.5 M997CR
- PUMA FAAS 600 v3 Aqua Coral Silver Women's Running Sneakers 188334-01
- Nike Lebron XIV Low EP 14 James USA 4th Of July Navy gold Red Men 878635-400
- Nike SB Dunk High Pro J PACK Black Game Royal - Black 305050 018 SZ 4
- Air Jordan 11 Retro 72-10 Black, Gym Red 378037002 Size 10, Worn Once
- Nike Air Jordan 1 Melo Retro Black gold Carmelo Anthony 332550-026 Men’s Size 12
- [812654-414] MEN'S NIKE TANJUN MESH RUNNING SNEAKER NAVY ROYAL WHITE NIB 8-13
- NIKE COURT ROYAL PREMIUM PREM LEATHER Mens 13 White 833295 110 NEW
- Adidas Bape Ultraboost Black Camo Exclusive Size 6 Limited Release